Saturday, August 31, 2013

All is quiet on the Western Front (In Iowa) or Is there a new Heir to the Throne?

I spied the cattle on the hill north of our house so went out to check on the warring factions. I found big bull on the outskirts.

 
While Louie was resting comfortably inside the inner sanctum of the herd.

 
He reminded me of an Egyptian prince, on a chaise lounge, surrounded by the comely servant girls who were fanning him, feeding him grapes, at his beck and call.

 
So the question is, "Is there a new sheriff in town?"

 
"On a hot day who wants to be in the middle of the herd, you get no breeze. Besides, I'm out here keeping watch for any danger, yeah, that's it, I'm keeping watch!"

1 comment:

  1. The story of life : the younger take over as the big grow weaker. Big Bull doesn't know yet that retirement is great! OH! He doesn't go to market now, does he? So much for wonderful retirement!

    ReplyDelete