Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I really don't like going to the vet....."



Today was Murphy's first visit to the veterinarian here for her booster shot. She started out sitting like a prim little girl in the back seat of the old car but soon wormed her way over the back and into my lap where she rode the rest of the way, looking out the window at the scenery.

There were lots of strange smells in this room to investigate, then Dr. Melissa came in .....

"Well, hello Murphy!"

("I'm not so sure about the headlock!")

"You are just the cutest little girl ever!"

("I do believe Dr. Melissa knows puppy-speak!")

("I think right now I'm the happiest puppy alive!")

("I'll give you an hour to stop the belly rub!")

("Dr. Melissa, I will love you forever!" Maybe going to the vet isn't so bad after all.")




I had to get something out of the car so Dr. Melissa took Murphy's leash and followed me into the waiting room. There was a young man sitting with a huge Visla dog, Murphy took one look at him and "woofed" in her best puppy voice. The big dog took that challenge and "WOOFED" right back - Murphy was gone! She disappeared back into the exam room, I found her in Dr. Melissa's arms, comforting and assuring Murphy she wouldn't allow that big dog to eat her.

 Murphy isn't quite as tough as she thinks she is but she didn't wet the floor. 

Mollie would have flooded the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment