Thursday, February 2, 2017

Going down, down, down.....

Mark, the PA was in this morning with good news that the Methotrexate is down below a point and tomorrow is looking like discharge, he is even doing the papers to expedite the process. They can't wait to get rid of me also. I feel weaker this morning after doing 11 laps yesterday and I forced myself to do 2 and now I rest. I slept better last night but it's still not like home.

Ground Hog Day Marathon is on and these young nurses don't get it. One watched the morning show and was bummed when they said it would be 6 more weeks of winter so I clued her in, it's either 6 weeks till spring or 6 more weeks of winter and she said, "Oh, is that how it works??" Bruce called and he is heading back down soon, I'm happy to see the sun shine, waiting for the tech to come back so I can have a shower. Perhaps that will wake me up, right now it seems like a long day ahead, I really want to curl up and go back to sleep. 

Bruce showed up about about 1:30, we took a walk and now watching more Ground Hog Day, interspersed with Alaska the Last Frontier. He brought a pile of mail and papers to go through, better there than home. I'm also spending more time sitting up in the chair to keep from sleeping, I'm seriously thinking of sending him out for a Big Mac and fries, doesn't that sound good? Not a lot going on around here, I'm drinking lots of water trying to flush, flush, flush so I can go home tomorrow, I want to blow this popstand.

I've been a little bummed because of the weakness but the nurse was just in and said don't push it, my hemoglobin is down and there is nothing I can do about that. I will still get up and walk but maybe only go a lap and rest, conserve my energy. Bruce went out to the cafe and got me a croissant, I'm really hooked on them but right now I'm able to use the extra calories. It might be time for a walk, another lap, I will have to be so determined when I get home.

6 comments:

  1. Great to see that you're going home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I'm going to try one more time. I've followed all kinds of directions and created all kinds of accounts?? Maybe. Glad you are going home sweet home! NO place like it! Keep your chin up and plow through, stopping for a nap and a glug of water! We are off to the sale Barn, to SELL! Yea! 13 calves that I have weaned and watered all winter. Bucky didn't go yet, still needs some growing. Safe travels home, stop for that Big Mac! Always thoughts and prayers. Love you both, Larry and Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your counts qualified you for a free trip home! I know it has been hard to be gone from home while going through all you have, but the grand prize will be worth it! You have hundreds of people praying for you, keep the faith, and we will all cheer when you get home! Love you guys! Janet and Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anxious to hear about your trip home. Yes it is COLD ❄️ but the sun is shining on your drive so soak it up!! Join others in praying for healing and God's blessings on all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anxious to hear about your trip home. Yes it is COLD ❄️ but the sun is shining on your drive so soak it up!! Join others in praying for healing and God's blessings on all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By now hopefully you are home with a fire in the fireplace and a cat in your lap! So glad this episode went so well. Love you and Bruce.

    ReplyDelete