Sunday, February 5, 2017

A milestone!!

I made it upstairs and had a shower!!! Unencumbered by IV lines or using blankets as a moat! It was wonderful and I didn't want to get out but Bruce was waiting for his turn. I even tried climbing the stairs normally, rather than one step at a time and I got there. This really brightened my day, my Mom's Christmas Cactus was blooming it's little heart out, the cool temps and bright south sun really agrees with it.


One or both cats are my constant companion, Zoe really likes to hog the fluffy blanket that was a gift from a friend.


The hospital bed is higher than Clyde can jump so he gets ready and then leaps with his front feet till I grab and pull him up. Once settled in, he can sleep there all day, unless Zoe gets her nose out of joint and bugs him until he leaves.


We decided to have our own little Superbowl party so I made some homemade breadsticks with dipping sauce, chicken tenders, chicken quesadilla, chips, salsa and sour cream. A veggie plate with broccoli, cauliflower, Bernice's sweet pickles, Mark Carlson's dill pickles, Bruce had a beer and I had a root beer. It's a good thing we ate lightly at dinner!


I've made 2 trips to the basement today and 2 upstairs and think I'm doing great. I also think it's time to go sleep in my own bed and just use the hospital bed for the days, it will be nice to be snuggled up against my hubby again, it's been a long time coming.

Boy am I ever full, burp!

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas cactus is so pretty. It must really like cool sunny places. I am so bummed that I missed out on the great treats !! I had to settle for cheese and crackers. It warms my heart knowing you are doing better. But please be careful ;-)

    Love ya,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes just being home is the best medicine we can have! Love you guys! Janet and Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been like one of those mini-series where the plot twists and turns, and I have been waiting patiently for the next show to see how our hero fights through the odds with her trusting sidekick. It was really nice to see this "episode" and see you home, getting around, and enjoying time with Bruiser. Still praying for even better things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post to read, Julie! It sounds like you're doing really well. Your Super Bowl party was way more elaborate than ours was for Just the Two of Us. Also, great post from you Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was so heartwarming to read Julie!! Wonderful recovery, and the goal of getting upstairs to your own bed nightly sounds like a winner. We are so grateful to see your day to day activities aren't wearing you out and down. Your super bowl food looks and sounds great, I'm so glad you can get in the kitchen and also eat what you cook!! Nothing better than to be home with my brother and all your animals. Where you belong!! Much love honey - CG and Tom

    ReplyDelete