Friday, May 29, 2015

There's a new sheriff in town

We have two cats at the farm, our old gal, Lady Porky, spent the winter in Leo's shop, provided with a warm bed, food and heated water dish in return for mouse control. She fell down on the job.


I was working in the shop one day and heard some rustling and these little buggers were all over the place. I stood two feet away and filmed them robbing from the cat bowl.

I moved the Lady Porky to the porch of the old house and installed a new sheriff...


....Morris in turn is deputizing Murphy and Mollie.

"Okay, girls, this is how it's going to play out...."

I know, I know, they look cute but they create havoc wherever they choose to live and multiply. We fought mice in the house this winter, between the trapping and Clyde, we kept them down but I still hear skittering in the ceiling.

Zoe was no more help than the Lady Porky, all she wanted to do was play with them and inevitably they would get away.


I'm getting ruthless in my old age but there is no place for vermin in my life.

The next on my list are rabbits, I used to love those cute little bunnies until they foraged on my plants this winter....but that is another blog for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment