Tuesday, April 22, 2014

♫ They Call Me The Fireman, that's my name.... ♫

We hosted a neighborhood get together Sunday night at the farm.


They came from the east and the west and the south.


They brought big trucks with flashing lights.


Lots of men and some women, hoses and lots of water and a chainsaw.


There was not enough room to park in the yard so some had to stay out on the road.


I guess they always show up when there are fires, lots of fires.


They stayed late until they were satisfied all the fires were out, including the intentional fire my farmer set....


and then they packed up all their gear and left.


Would it have been tacky to bring out the hotdogs? If I'd known they were coming, I would have baked a cake.

Maybe next time?


5 comments:

  1. You had a party and didn't invite me?? Did anything of consequence burn? RosannaVan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one of those spur of the moment parties, as in "Get your head out of your A@# and call the fire department!!!" We can see some of the junk in the grove clearer now that the trash is burned away! Nothing of consequence, unless you count the barber chair at the bottom of the junk pile that Kim saw and laid claim to when we cleaned up that pile, sorry Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no....not the barber chair. Jeff was just asking me about it Sunday :-(
      no worries..... just glad that is all that burned.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Did any of the buildings burn or much of the grove?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up on news from the farm. I see you have been very busy with baby calves, water leaks, and a burn that got away from your farmer. Last night Tom wanted to burn some of the brush that has piled up on the side of my garden, of course the wind decided to blow, but I had the water running in the garden and watered down everything. Thank goodness it did not get away from us. Enjoy your blog as always.

    ReplyDelete